What are cookies actually?
A cookie is a small text file that is saved on your computer when you visit a website. This text file stores information that can be read by the website when you visit it again at a later point in time. Some cookies are necessary for the site to function properly. Other cookies are beneficial for the visitor: they save the username in the same secure way as, for example, the language settings. The purpose of cookies is to ensure that you do not have to enter the same information every time you visit a website again.
By using cookies, we can ensure that you are not shown the same information every time you visit the site again. Cookies can also be used to optimize the performance of a website. They make the logout process easier for you, for example, or help you to find a specific product more quickly.
In order to protect your personal data and to avoid a loss of information or illegal behavior, we use the appropriate organizational and technical measures.
How can I deactivate cookies?
You can easily adjust your browser settings to switch off all cookies.
If you deactivate your cookies, your username and password will no longer be stored on the website.
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. Click the “Tools” button and then “Internet Options”.
3. Click on the “Privacy” tab.
4. In the "Cookies" tab you can remove the mark and save your settings.
1. Open Safari.
2. Select "Settings" in the function list (gray gear in the upper right corner) and click on "Privacy".
3. Under "Accept cookies" you can specify whether and when Safari should accept cookies from websites. For more information, click Help (?).
If you would like to find out more about the cookies that are stored on your computer, click on "Show cookies".
1. Open the Firefox browser.
2. Press the "Alt" key on your keyboard.
3. Select "Menu" and then "Options" in your function bar.
4. Select the "Privacy" tab.
5. Select for "Firefox will have a history:" "Create according to user-defined settings".
6. Uncheck "Accept cookies" and save your settings.
1. Open Google Chrome.
2. Select “Settings”.
3. Click on “Show advanced settings”.
4. In the “Privacy” tab, click on “Content settings”.
5. In the "Cookies" section you can deactivate them and save your settings.
For iOS and Android mobile apps, see manufacturer's description.